Free or Low Cost Medical Clinics in Wake County
Here is a list of a few places that offer free or low cost medical care. Sliding scale places offer medical care based on your income. As always, if you have an emergency call 911 immediately.
Wake County Healthcare Providers for Insured and Uninsured Patients
Wake Health Services, Inc.
Community Health Center offering complete primary care services. Accept Medicare, Medicaid, insurance. Sliding scale fee on request; bring 2 months of income information.
• Apex Family Medicine, 212 S. Salem St., Apex, NC, 27502 (919) 362-5201
• Southern Wake Family Medicine, Southern Regional Center, 103 N. Judd Parkway NE, Fuquay-Varina (919) 557-1110
• Horizon Health Center, 102 N. Tarboro Road, Raleigh, NC, 27610, (919) 743-3315, serves the homeless. 743-3315
• New Bern Ridge Pediatrics & Family Dental Center, 2620 New Bern Avenue, Raleigh, NC, 27610.
Alliance Medical Ministries
Faith-based medical clinic, offering an affordable primary care home for working adults without health insurance who live in Wake county. Fees are based on your income.
• 101 Donald Ross Drive, Raleigh, NC, 27610 (919) 250-3320
Mariam Clinic: www.mariamclinic.org
Free Medical Clinic for low-income, uninsured adults (18 and over) from Wake or Durham Counties, living in a working household. Open on Sundays from 2-5 pm, appointments made on Thursdays 2-5 pm. Offers many different language interpreters, low-fee lab and referrals. ACCESS Center available to patients who need help finding other services in the community. Located in the office space of Capital Physicians Group near Rex Hospital
• 3126 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh, NC 27612 (919) 824-4672
MinuteClinic: simple illnesses at many CVS pharmacies – www.minuteclinic.com
Open Door Clinic:
Free medical and pharmacy services. Accept low-income patients who have no insurance and do not qualify for Medicaid. Call any day to arrange a visit with social worker to see if you qualify for services. Bring current income information and an identification card. If you qualify they will schedule an appointment with a health care provider.
• 1390 Capital Blvd, Raleigh, NC, 27603 (919) 832-0820
Affordable reproductive health care for women of all ages – family planning, colposcopy, physical exams. Accept Medicaid, many types of insurance. Reduced price available for teens.
• 100 S. Boylan Avenue, Raleigh, NC, 27603 (919) 833-7526
QuikMed Urgent Care
Urgent Care center for immediate needs such as acute illnesses, infections, and injuries. Pay at time of service, accepts many private insurances, will see Medicaid patients on a one-time basis.
• 133 Glen Road, Garner, NC 27529 (919) 662-0058; fax (919 )661-1309