The Recruiting and Outreach division strives to inform our community about the various educational opportunities that exist at Wake Tech by fostering relationships with local schools, businesses, and industry.
What We Do
The Recruiting staff interact with the community through high school visits, career fairs, parent nights, college fairs, business events, meetings, and coordinated campus visits. Our goals are to:
- Meet regularly with local high school students and counselors to ensure they have the resources and support needed to promote academic success and awareness.
- Provide local schools and businesses with the latest information about the wealth of resources and programs offered by Wake Tech.
- Conduct information sessions about special programs we offer like our Concurrent Enrollment and Jump Start programs.
- As a participating partner in the Governors Rapid Response efforts for dislocated workers, we provide on-site support for groups within the community who have recently been laid-off and need information about the opportunities available for them to receive retraining and/or education in another field in order to re-join the workforce.
- Lead campus tours for special populations wanting an inside look at some of Wake Tech’s facilities.
- Give talks at Student Orientation to educate new students and their families about Wake Tech’s policies, procedures, and expectations.