If you cannot make it to any of our pre-planned service projects here are some organizations around the Triangle that are constantly looking for volunteers:
Banks Road Elementary School
- Literacy Program- Spend some one-on-one time reading with students to assist with the development of their literacy skills
- Big Brother/ Big Sister Program- Bond with students and serve as positive role models by being present and interactive at Banks Road Elementary during lunch time on a weekly basis.
Wake County 4-H Youth Development
- 4-H Spaces- Become involved in leading after school groups that target at risk youth and help them develop life skills. Assist in setting and achieving their goals through a variety of activities that focus on areas of critical thinking, decision making, and social skills.
- Fuquay Youth Initiative (FYI) – Interact with and develop activities for middle school youth in this open door, after-school outreach program in Fuquay.
- SuperSeed- Work as a group facilitator for this program that provides excellent science based risky behavior prevention curricula at established school, faith, and community based sites throughout Wake County.
- Civic Engagement Youth Leadership Teams- Help teams of high school students develop and enhance their leadership skills through various group activities which focus on community service and civics.
- Animal Care- Volunteer at the Wake County Animal Shelter by caring for animals and contributing towards finding homes for them by providing office support.
- 4-H Clubs- Lead community-based clubs for youth ages 5-19. Help 4-H’ers choose club activities that make learning fun and build skills to be used throughout their lifetime.
- Positive Outcomes Delivered through Entrepreneurial Resiliency (PODER) – Work with at-risk Latino males ages 13-19 in fortifying personal skills and strengths through creating and carrying out personal entrepreneurial models.
Rebuilding Together of the Triangle
- Renovation Projects- Participate in critical home repair projects for the poor, elderly, and disabled citizens in the Triangle.
- Special Projects- Become involved with tasks involving work with publicity, web design, grant writing, and other administrative activities.
Wake County Health and Human Services
- Public Health Assistance- Volunteer with the agency’s laboratory, pharmacy, and public health databases.
- Pro-familia- interact children of Hispanic clients during parents’ appointments with the agency.
- Marbles Museum- Plan and participate in activities for pre-kindergarten children on Tuesday nights at the Marbles Kids Museum in Raleigh.
- Tech Support Projects- Help with data tracking and community/GIS mapping in different Wake County neighborhoods to in order to support efforts to bring services to citizens.
- General Labor- Chop and transport wood in the fall and winter months for the Warmth for Wake Program.
- Special Events- Assist with marketing and sponsoring families for the agency’s Holiday Cheer Program. Work with the annual Making Magic fundraiser in the spring to send at-risk youth to summer camp.
Garner Road YMCA
- Before and After School Programs– Plan activities for and interact with kids ages 5-12 in before school and/or after school programs.
- Creative Support- Assist in designing the agency’s website, creating brochures, writing grants, answering telephones, and organizing databases